2018: Internship Training Program-Session One
Name: 2018: Internship Training Program-Session One
Date: June 12, 2018
Time: 7:30 AM - 9:00 AM EDT
The Wells County Chamber of Commerce & Economic Development is hosting a three part educational series for Wells County employers looking to start a high-quality internship program or enhance their current internship program for high school and college students.
High School Programs-ICE & Internships
· What is the difference between the two programs?
· What program may be best for our organization?
· Setting expectations for a high school student.
· How do I get an intern or ICE student?
· Paid vs. Unpaid
· How do I connect with College students?
· When should I start planning?
· What dates are students available?
· What programs are available to assist financially?
· Credit vs. uncredited programs
Insurance and Regulations
· Work-based learning exemptions
· Under 18 in workplace
· Liability concerns for high school students vs. college students
· Limitations of work hours